I am hoping to have Master and Margarita done by the end of next week- say the 19th of December.
It's only 300 pages, by the way. Let's have a great end to the year so that we can start 05 encouraged.
I have interesting books to propose for 2005, including:
- Modern Italian Literature- Calvino, Svevo, perhaps Pirnadello, hopefully
others that I don't know as well.
- A month on Joyce- I'm thinking Dubliners.
- Nobel Prize winners including VS Naipaul and the woman who won this year
that I've never heard of before.
- I had more ideas, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment- I'm very busy
teaching a 5th grade class, finishing my teaching credential, taking
second semester French, and also being enrolled in an art class- besides
it's finals time.
- and of course, as always, the modern will be open to and guided by
you suggestions and participation.
So, let's all finish the Bulgakov!!